You are an embedded engineer or software developer with a passion for photography, videography, music production, CAD or human-computer interaction.
You like learning and working at the intersection of software and hardware. You are comfortable with low level C code and working with electronics. You enjoy the challenge of designing systems that can uncover the hidden intricacies of a newly designed product. You understand the importance of quality control and continuous integration when shipping consumer products. You are excited to work on a product that will be used by thousands of artists and creative professionals around the world.
- Develop the firmware for a set of in-house designed test fixtures used on the manufacturing lines during mass production
- Modification of existing C codebase to enable functionalities on the DUT-IF PCBAs
- Modification of existing Python codebase, as needed, to validate functioning of the new functionalities; as well as providing API for future development
- Understanding of electrical schematic for the PCBAs
- Usage of EE Lab equipment (multi-meter, scope, logic analyzer), as needed, to debug electrical or firmware issues
- Practice static-free (ESD-free) work ethic by wearing the ESD Hand band while working on the PCBAs
- Collaborate with teammates in code review, architecture and planning activities
- 2+ years of experience with programming in C
- 2+ years of experience with Git version control
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- firmware development
- micro electronics
- I2C, SPI or other bus protocols
- prototyping boards (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, etc)
- Self-driven and independent; ability to formulate strategies and prioritize tasks with minimum supervision in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
Why this role will be awesome for you
- Use leading-edge technologies to build the hardware interface platform of the future
- Your contributions will immediately impact thousands of photographers, videographers, artists and developers worldwide
- Work in the heart of the innovation district alongside other growing startups
- Team lunches and monthly game nights
- Be part of a small team during a brand new product launch
- Ship products to thousands of creative professionals and help them do their best work!
Monogram inspires creativity and productivity by designing adaptable tools that fit. Its first generation product was launched on Kickstarter in 2013 and received outstanding reviews by thousands of photographers and video editors in over 150 countries. Its award-winning design was also used in the making of The Lion King (2019) and on stage at Madison Square Garden. The company graduated from HAX, Velocity Garage and Creative Destruction Lab incubators, and funded by prominent venture capital firms SOSV, Extreme Venture Partners and MaRS IAF. Monogram is headquartered in Kitchener, Canada. Learn more at monogramcc.com/about/
If you think you would be a great fit, please email us via the link below. Come join an awesome team and let’s build something great together!